Subject: Zip drives
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2001 18:56:58
Hello Diana!

[External SCSI Zip]

  DE> Did you open up the external case? Use to be they were
    > just standard drives that could be mounted into a 3.5"
    > drive bay.

An interesting suggestion. I only have USB external and SCSI
internal 100Mb Zip drives.  The external one has a
translucent case.  It looks too large to fit in a 3.5" bay
and there are no obvious mounting points on the side.  It
doesn't look very different than the external SCSI ones I've
seen.

I'm very happy with the way the USB one works with NetBSD,
it was literally effortless on my part - it "just worked".
That said, I would welcome availability of internal SCSI Zip
drives.

Regards,
  - Andy.