Subject: Re: ORINOCO CARD
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/2001 08:10:42
"dkwok" <dkwok@iware.com.au>  wrote:
 > I am planning to install Orinoco card in my NetBSD-1.5.1_BETA2 machine. =
 > Should I get the isa or pci adapter? I heard that it would be much =
 > easier to install with isa. However, I looks to me that pci adapter is =
 > much cheaper to buy than an equivalent isa card.
 >
 > Any thought on this?

I have no experience with the Lucent PCI adapter.  But I bought two
of the Linksys cards that probe/attach as a 'wi0' and I also bought
one of their PCI adapters into which the card is intended to go.  I
have a memory fragment of someone telling me the lucent adapter is
similar.

The Linksys PCI card is _not_ a PCI<->PCMCIA adapter.  It is a
PCI network card when the pcmcia card is plugged in:

unknown vendor 0x16ab product 0x1102 (miscellaneous network, revision 0x02) at p
ci0 dev 15 function 0 not configured

I ignored the warnings on the box when I bought it, it's claims that it
supported _only_ their adapter.

I have several ISA<->PCMCIA bridges but the machine in question has only
1 ISA slot and there's a PC Weasel in it.