Subject: Re: Supported Network adapter?
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/2001 07:23:41
On Fri, 18 May 2001, John Hawkinson wrote:

# Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 00:00:56 -0400 (EDT)
# From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
# To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
# Cc: port-i386@netbsd.org
#
# | When I went to install 1.5, the INSTALL kernel could not find the NIC.
# | It told me that there were no available network cards by which to install
# | NetBSD.  I remember this distinctly, because I had to copy over a kernel via
# | floppy and boot from that kernel.
#
# That means you found a bug of some sort, or a problem with probing, or
# something.  You should not construe it to mean it is not
# supported. You should check explicitly.

Sorry.  I confused "not supported" with "not configured" or "not enabled"

"It's not enabled in the INSTALL kernel, last I tried it."  This when
booting the INSTALL kernel on the floppy set.

# That being the case, please give booting the INSTALL kernel another try
# and confirm that it is still broken or fixed, and file a PR if
# appropraite. Thanks.

Will do.

# --jhawk

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD is much like a tipi:  No windows, no gates, and an apache inside.