Subject: Re: Reduce size of extended partition
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/2001 09:00:56
In message <20010518225751.A6532@wasabisystems.com>, Luke Mewburn writes:
>On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 09:29:27AM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>> Quoting Luke Mewburn (17-May-01 13:33:22):

>> > Commercial programs such as `Partition Magic' can perform this
>> > resize operation without data loss, as well as providing many other
>> > useful features (like move partitions, change partitions from
>> > extended -> primary, etc).
>>
>> - Does Partition Magic work together with WinNT (which I have)?
>> - Does it allow to reduce the size of an extended WinNT partition?
>
>Depending on the version of Windows NT and Partition Magic; I believe
>the latest version of PM works with Windows 2000.

No doubt about that -- if it didn't, I wouldn't be typing this on a
NetBSD system.  (I unpacked the laptop, ran partition magic to shrink
win2k's portion of the disk, grabbed a cd-rom or two, and headed off on
a trip.  I installed NetBSD 1.5 on the train to Boston in the space
vacated for me by Partition Magic.)