Subject: Re: Supported Network adapter?
To: Jimmy Andersson <jimbo_andersson@hotmail.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/17/2001 08:43:11
On Thu, 17 May 2001, Jimmy Andersson wrote:

# Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:08:57
# From: Jimmy Andersson <jimbo_andersson@hotmail.com>
# To: port-i386@netbsd.org
# Subject: Supported Network adapter?
#
# I´ve installed NetBSD 1.5 on my computer (i386). But have som problems when
# I try to configured the network.
#
# I´d try to configured the network in sysinst but it faild. When I run
# Utility menu -> Configure network
# the following messege pop up:
# "I can not find any network interface for use by NetBSD"
#
# Does it means that my Network adapter (Intel PRO/100 VE) is not able to run
# under NetBSD ?

1.5 does not support the fxp0 in the install kernel.
A GENERIC kernel will support it.

fxp0 supports, as far as I can tell, the Intel EtherExpress Pro 10+/100,
the Pro/100 VE and the 82552 on-board NICs; probably more.

# Regards
#
# Jimmy
#