Subject: PS/2 ESDI support in bootblocks on it's way
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/15/2001 00:31:45
Hi,
I have the changes tested and ready for inclusion to tree. The diff
is available at
	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdolecek/boot/ps2stuff.diff
The same directory also contains compiled biosboot.sym and biosboot_com0.sym.

The code does
1) recognize DTYPE_ESDI disks on MCA system as ed(4)/edc(4)
2) recognize PS/2 L40 and use appropriate gatea20 initialization
   (so no more compile option).
The size difference is like 280 bytes. All added code is between
#ifdef SUPPORT_PS2, so it should be really easy to strip it out,
if desired.

The stuff was tested on couple of machines I had access to, and
seems to work as expected. However, I'd be grateful if the bootblocks
would get tested on more types of i386 machines, so please try it out
if you have some time (just booting via floppy should suffice).

Unless a problem would emerge, I'd like to commit this into tree
sometime over weekend or later. This would complete one important
part of PS/2 support in NetBSD :)

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!