Subject: Newbie question
To: Port-I386 \(E-mail\) <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Siders, Keith <keith_siders@toshibatv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/11/2001 13:33:04
OK, so we were all new at some point...

I've just recently loaded 1.5 from the Wasabi CD on a second partition of my
NT box. Dual boots to the kernel just fine. Took some time to get twm
running, but it's up. Having problems getting the ethernet side of things
working. I downloaded Lupi's short guide, but it's networking segment seems
geared to PPP connections as opposed to doing DHCP over a LAN. The
installation program had asked for all network configuration information,
which I fed to it, but none of the necessary configuration files were ever
written to the filesystem, AFAI can tell. I've asked Wasabi for some help
via e-mail, but at this point no response. I'll have to also run pkg_add
just to see if it's present. According to the NetBSD packages collection
page it should be. But then again a lot of good it does without a network
connection...

Keith Siders
(615) 257-4050