Subject: Re: Problem with switching sound cards.
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2001 11:19:40
On Wed, 9 May 2001, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> xmms-1.0.1nb1 works natively now thanks to rh. My package used the Linux
> binaries for 1.2.4 with the suse_compat stuff.

Hmm, I compiled xmms yesterday (after updating the pkgsrc tree), and
whenever I play a mp3 file, it stutters horribly.  mpg123 and gqmpeg work
just fine (I know gqmpeg is a mpg123 GTK+ shell).  Any possible ideas?

BTW, I ended up getting the Yamaha USB speakers, and after some tweaking,
they work just fine... :) (No more sound card hell for me)

-Peter
--
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request