Subject: Re: Fw: HP PC LAN
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2001 14:15:21
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 08:04:26AM -0400, Jon Lindgren wrote:
> Good question.  I see some drivers can do this (the ep, for example), but
> I'm not quite sure where that logic is kept.  I've never had to, so I
> never investigated it ;-)
>
> You may be able to do that - try something like:
>
> nele* at isa? port ? irq ? drq ?

You can only do that for devices that have drivers capable of finding
out the I/O addresses (and interrupts and DMA channels) themselves. On
the ISA bus, this basically means peeking/poking at some addresses that
you think it is on, and see if it's indeed there.

Generally this has not been implemented because you might accidentally
do bad things to another device at that address.

For nele, this wildcarding is not possible, so you'll have to
specify things explicitly.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com