Subject: Fw: HP PC LAN
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/2001 21:46:04
> > > I have asked this question before but have not resolved the problem
yet.

> > > HP PC Lan NIC, it is AMD79C960 chip. According to docs, it is ne 1500
> equivalent. However, netbsd supported hardware does not seem to support
this
> nic. System boot up also does not detech the presence of the card. Is
NE1500
> compatible with NetBSD-1.5?

I have checked the GENERIC conf. It does have driver for NE2100 which is
called nele. However the irq is set to 9 and io = 0x320. How to tweak the
conf file in order for the system to detect the card. I have already had 2
rtk pci cards in the system. They are both detected as rtk0 and rtk1 at
irq=9 and 11.

David Kwok