Subject: Re: Thanks!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/03/2001 07:11:58
Hi,

On 2 May 2001, at 13:45, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> Believe me, it now has all the functionality that can be crammed
> into 512 bytes.. For more functionality, the bootselector would
> either have to take up more sectors in track 0, or be moved
> to the 2nd stage bootloader.

The german author Joerg Braun has a corrected and modified
version of EasyBoot (that at some time was used with FreeBSD
IIRC) that will fit into 512 bytes and will display a boot menu with
the recognised partition types and starts the OS on these partitions
by pressing F1 to F5. It is also possible to boot from a second disk.

If someone is interested I have the sources but they are
documented in german. My assembler skills (?) do not allow me to
judge the code, I can only offer to translate the comments.

mike