Subject: Re: Patch for building Wine on NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/2001 08:24:44
> Currently Wineserver has a problem with establishing a socket connection
> on NetBSD. As a result, you will hardly be able to run Windows binaries
> with it (every time I tried to run Solitaire, Wine got crashed with core
> dump). It should be fixed ASAP, but I have midterms this week. :(

The problem was in a wrong assumption made by Wine which may cause a race
condition between signal handlers and poll(2) (server/select.c). It hasn't
been observed with Linux and FreeBSD, only Wine/NetBSD seems to be affected
by it. After fixing the problem, Wine successfully constructed the system
registries (with no more core dump ;).

Now I get the following error when trying to run a Windows binary:

$ wineserver (this is required)
$ wine sol.exe
No built-in EXE module loaded!  Did you create a .spec file?

I may have to go talk with Wine developers on this. Anyway, you can get
the new version of Wine/NetBSD patch from:

	http://kldp.org/~bangjy/wine

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>