Subject: Re: Setting up a sound card on the Toshiba laptop
To: None <stripes@tigerlair.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/2001 15:05:59
On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 stripes@tigerlair.com wrote:

# Hi everyone,
#
# Thanks for all your help with StarOffice. I'm starting to make some
# progress. The biggest problem I have now is my sound card.
#
# Here's what dmesg has: Yamaha 744 (DS-1S) Audio (audio multimedia,
# revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 12 function 0 not configured
#
#  Is there any way to configure this using the 1.5 syssrc?  It looks like
# if there's a way to configure the device by hand (pci0 dev 12 function
# 0), but I'm not sure where to start. I've looked into MAKEDEV, but I'm
# still kinda stuck.

/dev/audio and /dev/mixer should magically provide the interface.
The (pci0 dev 12 function 0) don't have any relevance to the (major,minor)
pair.

You need to enable the line

yds* at pci? dev ? function ?

in your kernel config file (if it's not there already) and rebuild
your kernel.

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Tap The Power.