Subject: booting to X not as root
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <OinkFreeBiker@att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2001 02:48:50
Trying to boot straight to X (kde actually) as me,
instead of as root.

Okay, took the shotgun approach: Created a directory
/home/me/hidden/ and put everything else that was in
/home/me/ into /home/me/hidden/. So there is nothing else
but /hidden/ inside of /home/me/.

Then I rebooted... And it did the same thing: graphics
flipped out for one second -- with the top half of the
screen like it lost horizontal sync. But just for a
second. Then it came back to the "Welcome to NetBSD"
graphical login.

Then, if I login as root. It goes to root's kde screen
just fine.

I can login on the command line as me, then do su, then
do startx, then do kde...and it works. And it worked
before, that way. Is this a clue?

Anything else that I might check?

Thanks,

Gan Starling