Subject: Re: About NetBSD server tuning!
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/2001 16:56:22
On Feb 24,  9:12pm, ad@netbsd.org (Andrew Doran) wrote:

| I just got back from holiday. Did anybody send me mail about that?

No, this is the first e-mail. We tried it Friday evening :-)

| > Our driver is derived from v1.1 of the FreeBSD driver, and FreeBSD is now
| > at 1.7. Unfortunately the re-organized the driver completely so we'll probably
| > need to port it again.
|
| That doesn't make sense. Why would that be necessary or good?

Because if you look at the current FreeBSD sources, they cleaned up the
source nicely and they implemented the necessary goo for the monitoring
tools to work. I think that since there is an OS neutral driver now that
they maintain, we should just use this and implement the OS dependent
portion for NetBSD. That way we can minimize the work maintaining the
driver.

christos