Subject: JDK for netBSD non-emulated
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/22/2001 03:13:16
I'm still having problems running JDK-1.1.8
I've set my CLASSPATH to .;/usr/pkg/java/lib/classes.zip and my JAVA_HOME
to /usr/pkg/java

when I try and run a class from the current directory (ie demo I get:)
19$ java Clock2.class
Can't find class Clock2.class

if I run:
21$ java -classpath .:/usr/pkg/java/lib/classes.zip Clock2.class
Can't find class Clock2.class

it still does not work, If I use a semicolon rather than a colon to
seperate the dirs I get this output:

PK: not found
/usr/pkg/java/lib/classes.zip: 2: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting
")")

I really can't tell whats going on here.
Thanks everyone.

Ben

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
"According to quantum physics, every atom in a building consists of subatomic particles whizzing around a void of empty space; this void is proportionately as large as the distance between galaxies. Dwelling in the vast spaces between subatomic particles are the nonmaterial laws of physics that guide the material world. Like the invisible field of gravity between earth and the moon, these voids are not realms of nothingness; they are fields of energy and information."
	- Anthony Lawlor, "The Temple in The House."