Subject: Netvista does not boot on ISO image.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Claus Andersen <clan@wheel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/21/2001 18:59:51
Hello,

I've downloaded the bootable CD image from
ftp://ftp.dk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/i386cd.iso

I know it works as I have used it on an IBM Thinkpad T21. But when I try
on a IBM Netvista S40 (Legacy free w/o floppy) it just hangs. The CD is
spun up, something is read from the disk, the cursor jumps one line
down (CR/LF) and the machine is in a state of coma. It doesn't revert back
to HD boot as it would with a non-bootable CD.

I have tried tweaking the few BIOS settings I could get my hand on (CD
compatibility mode, PXE support etc.) but nothing makes any difference.

The Netvista is booting other CDs like W2K just fine. Is this issue worth
investigating further in this world of nearly compatible PeeCees?

--
Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen