Subject: RE: Highpoint HPT370 IDE raid controller
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Grant Beattie <grant@grunta.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/2001 02:48:38
Hmm. If it were a "real" hardware raid controller, no OS should be able to see
the disks separately (because it's one big pseudo-device).

I just found it strange that it worked under Win2k (with no drivers
installed), but NetBSD saw them as separate disks.

any form of striping/mirroring/etc will be faster in hardware than software,
though, surely (?)regardless of OS..

g.