Subject: Re: Oracle8.1.6
To: Paul \(NCC/CS\) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/2001 10:15:43
Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:
> Just for interest, I have 8.0.5 running well on a freebsd box
> here at work. It's a cut down intel version of our 70 gig
> climate database that runs on HP-UX. I've been intending to
> try and get it all happening on NetBSD, but haven't had a
> chance yet. If you or anyone else has experience of ORACLE
> success on NetBSD, I'd be interested to hear it.

IIRC I've seen an e-mail Linux Oracle 8.0.5 is working OK on NetBSD.
I personally used only client side under NetBSD.

Some SVR shm and IPC kernel constants need to be bumped (I think
SYSVMSG SYSVSEM SYSVSHM) for the rdbms to work. It should be in
mail archives somewhere.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/