Subject: Re: Orinoco ISA or PCI adapter
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2001 22:55:49
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 12:20:33AM -0500, Steve Bellovin wrote:

 > Has anyone successfully used Lucent's Orinoco ISA or PCI adapters?  I
 > need to use a PCMCIA 802.11 card with a soon-to-arrive desktop machine.

I'm pretty sure just about any random ISA-PCMCIA adapter will work
just fine with the "pcic" driver.

As for PCI-PCMCIA adapters -- that's a bit trickier ... we do have
a PCI front-end for the "pcic" driver, but it was only really
ever used with a Cirrus chip in some older laptops.

On the other hand, if the PCI adapter you get is a CardBus adapter,
it should work pretty well.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>