Subject: Re: looking for subnotebook recommendations
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@nominum.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2001 17:23:42
On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 12:21:58PM -0800, Ted Lemon wrote:

> I'm using a Z505HS with the long-life battery, and this works very
> nicely for me.   Battery life is somewhat >3h.   Unfortunately, the
> long-life battery adds a bit of weight, but it's still incredibly
> light.   The new Titanium from Apple might be a nice solution, because
> the processor burns less power, but I don't know if NetBSD will boot
> on it.

In theory, the macppc port should boot, but I don't know of anyone
getting their hands on one yet.
http://www.info.apple.com/info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf?RID=402
says nothing of its OpenFirmware version, but I expect it'll be 3.x,
like the desktop G4s, which are bootable from a HFS or HFS+
partition (which can be on a CD).

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net