Subject: Thanks!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Steven Ball <kb9ylw@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2001 15:20:33
Hello Andrew!

  AG> Are you using 1.5 with sysinst?  If so, try the
    > following:
    > boot into sysinst
    > exit to prompt
    > fdisk wd0
    > note the "start" and "size" values for the DOS
    > partition. (in sectors)

I'd previously done all this...

  AG> 'exit' to get back into sysinst

I didn't know I could do this, so I had been running
sysinst by typing sysinst.

  AG> following sysinst install until you get to the
    > "partitions" menu where it will have wd0c and wd0d.
    > (I think) setup your NetBSD partitions. switch to
    > sectors instead of megabytes. (or just use sectors
    > instead) add a 'wd0g' (or next available) with the
    > following info:
    > offset == start value from fdisk
    > size == size from fdisk
    > type == MSDOS

TTTTT H   H  AAA  N   N K   K   Y   Y  OOO  U   U   !
  T   H   H A   A NN  N K  K     Y Y  O   O U   U   !
  T   HHHHH AAAAA N N N KKK       Y   O   O U   U   !
  T   H   H A   A N  NN K  K      Y   O   O U   U
  T   H   H A   A N   N K   K     Y    OOO   UUU    !

It worked, I now have NetBSD/i386 1.5 installed!
<beaming smile>

Appreciative regards,
  - Andy Ball.