Subject: Re: wscons questions
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2001 10:12:10
k>
>  1 I thought someone said that gpm was fairly straightforward to compile
>    on NetBSD?  (I've always felt more than a little nauseous at the idea
>    of using a mouse to move the text cursor; I've seen/used it on old
>    MS-DOS systems, and utterly fail to see the appeal.)
>
>  2 moused?  Do you mean wsmouse?  I think that moused is a LINUXism,
>    though I could be wrong.  Are you asking because you want to port
>    gpm to NetBSD?  If so, wsmouse is probably the easiest way to go,
>    but be advised that serial mice cannot be used via wsmouse (so far
>    as I know), but most/all other mice, at least on port-i386, should
>    be accessable via wsmouse with a uniform protocol.

WSMUX(4)                  NetBSD Programmer's Manual                  WSMUX(4)

[cutted]

     It is also possible to inject events into a multiplexor from a user pro-
     gram.  This is used by the moused(8) daemon to take data from a mouse
     connected to a serial port and make it appear on the standard mouse mux.