Subject: Re:Bare Essentials
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/2001 20:14:52
Hi,

I took a quick look at the difference between the Dubbele FW distribution
and the regular 1.4.2 tree and to me it seems that the only differences are
in the /usr/src/distrib part and the INSTALL file from /sys/arch/i386/conf.
Finetuned the INSTALL to my needs, which gave me a pretty small (< 1Mb)
kernel.
I didn't do much poking around in the distrib files but it shouldn't be to
difficult for somebody with more experience to make a FW on flop and to
load locally with the install flops instead from the net.
(BTW you don't need their install to pull it in, it's for the configuring
you'll like to use them.
But if we hack the distrib sources and tear the config script out this will
avoid the connection to the net. I remember seeing the actual configuring
script hangin in that tree)

T@W

PS I have a couple of small disks laying around (40's and 256's) and after
installing the dubbele on one of them I feel bad about all the untouched
space. ;)