Subject: Re: Install from FAT16 partition...
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/2001 09:33:16
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Andy Ball wrote:

> Now, here's where it gets odd.  I have downloaded the binary
> distribution sets (sans X at present) into a directory in
> the primary FAT16 partition.  What do I tell sysinst when it
> asks me what device the unmounted filesystem is on?

After choosing "Utility Menu" -> "Exit to Shell", "disklabel wd0"
should tell you which device has the MSDOS type filesystem (probably
wd0d), but I don't think sysinstall will mount a dos filesystem.

If that's the case, what you could do is mount it anywhere but "/mnt"
or "/mnt2" (e.g: "mkdir /d;  mount /dev/wd0d /d"), exit the shell back
to sysinstall, then install from a _mounted_ filesystem.

Frederick