Subject: Re: multi booting suggestions
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/2001 01:38:30
I suggest you use the W2K bootloader.

Then I'd suggest installing W2K first, then either of the other two.  But
since you have NetBSD already installed, you may want to look at:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#fips

Then look here:  http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#nt_boot

There is a little trick that you'll need to know to get new linux kernels
to work.  After new linux kernel compile, you'll need to reinstall the
512-byte linux boot block, or lilo will hang.  For example:

dd if=/dev/hda of=linux.bb count=1 bs=512

It will be easiest if these boot blocks are on the FAT32 partition.

GL -Mike