Subject: Re: Problems on a Cubix machine
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/2001 08:16:24
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, I wrote:

[snip]

> 1) Each board has an onboard ethernet (an AMD 79c960 chip) which isn't
> seen by NetBSD.  According to Cubix's tech info for this board (the
> BC-4035), the ethernet sits at 0x300 to 0x317, irq 3 or 5.  I thought this
> chip might be detected by the le driver, but it wasn't, and poking around
> a bit didn't turn on any lightbulbs for me ;-)

Upon further investigation, it looks like this AMD chip is the same as the
chip used by the NE2100 cards, so I'm gonna try mod'ing the:

nele0   at isa? port 0x320 irq 9 drq 7                # NE2100

line to:

nele0   at isa? port 0x300 irq 5 drq 5                # NE2100

(of course, there's an le child...).

Any ideas if this should work or not?  I'm gonna be chomping at the bit
until I can get in front of the machine tonight...

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.