Subject: Re: can't map i/o space
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: kaz-k) <kazk@yyy.or.jp (Kazuyoshi Kato>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2001 08:05:41
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Kazuyoshi Kato (kaz-k) wrote:
> > Thanks for quick response, though as I told you, I'm VERY new to this
> > arch., so I have no idea how to check up BIOS settings...  :-(
> > And windows... it didn't came with, as a matter of fact, I found this
> > system at our lab's junk room and got for free.  My boss gave me
> > hardware, however didn't gave me Microsoft property stuffs because of
> > copyright restriction.
> > I have to get Windows???   sigh...  :-(
>
> When you first power-on the machine, it should say something like 'Press
> <DEL> to enter setup' (could be some other key combination). Press this
> key to enter the CMOS setup and the option should be in there.
>
> Jared

Even I tried thousand and one key combinations, though they did work at
all, however just big red coloured their logo appeared on screen(same as
Microsoft, they're egotistic and insistent??) and boot up the system.

Is there any special trick I need for Compaq??

-- kaz-k

PS/  What happen if I zap CMOS settings by removing the battery and stay
him for a while?