Subject: XDM
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2001 12:48:53
I've having problems running xdm this is the log error:

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenPcvt: Cannot open /dev/ttyE4 (Device not configured)

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

xdm error (pid 417): Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly: 1
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 61
xdm error (pid 3789): fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe)

I can't see why xdm would be trying to get at /dev/ttyE4
this tty is not confured in /etc/ttys

I'm running NetBSD1.5 with the included X distribution

Thanks all!
Ben

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from ourselves.