Subject: Re: via environmental monitor
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/26/2000 14:52:30
tsarna@endicor.com (Ty Sarna) writes:
> In article <3A4918C2.316BBFDF@vip.at>, Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at> wrote:
> > Ty Sarna wrote:
> > > Try using the lm driver.  My Asus K7M has one of those, and behaves the
> >   Which port did you set the "lm" driver to?  On my K7M the "lm "driver
> > never matched, even when enabled (but I didn't try to hard, because I
> > thought viapm was the way to go).
> port 0x290, just like in GENERIC. From dmesg:
> lm0 at isa0 port 0x290-0x297: W83782D

Thanks for the idea.  I didn't realize that Asus might throw an LM on
their boards too.

In my case it didn't match at 0x290.  I put a two more probes at the
other addreses just to be sure.  I didn't get a match there either.

lm*	at isa?	port 0x280		# -wsr
lm*	at isa?	port 0x310		# -wsr

I didn't bother to comment out the "viaenv" probes again.  I just left
them in.

(I'm assuming that since its totally different hardware from the LM
stuff that one probe wouldn't turn off the other probe.)

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/