Subject: Re: IDE RAID on mb?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/2000 11:20:56
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:34:16PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 04:04:56PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> > Dear List,
> >
> > The recent pentium motherboards have some kind of a built-in IDE RAID
> > controller (so I was told).  Someone said this controller looks like
> > a regular IDE controller to the OS.  (Does it?)
>
> All IDE RAID controllers I'm aware of are regular IDE controllers, which
> a special driver to do RAID in software.

What about the 3ware IDE RAID controllers that Andy Doran recently
added support for? I was under the impression that they were more like
the traditional SCSI RAID controllers?

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org