Subject: Re: IDE RAID on mb?
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/29/2000 21:34:16
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 04:04:56PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> The recent pentium motherboards have some kind of a built-in IDE RAID
> controller (so I was told).  Someone said this controller looks like
> a regular IDE controller to the OS.  (Does it?)

All IDE RAID controllers I'm aware of are regular IDE controllers, which
a special driver to do RAID in software.

> Does NetBSD 1.5 support this RAID system?

Yes, probably (but what controller is it ?), but not in RAID mode (you can
still use RAIDFrame on it after, but RAIDFrame format is incompatible with the
native format).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>