Subject: Re: PCI ESS audio support?
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/26/2000 08:47:11
On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 03:04:26PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:

 > ESS Technology Inc product 0x199a (audio multimedia) at pci0 dev 12 function 0 n
 > ot configured
 >
 > will ever get supported by NetBSD?    I know nothing about it at all,
 > except that it is the integrated audio on the laptop I'm using...

What kind of laptop is it?

It's probably like either the Maestro 2 or the Maestro 3.  The Maestro 2
has a driver in-progress.  The Maestro 3 requires a separate driver, which
I'm sort of half looking in to (I have a Maestro 3 on my Dell laptop).

 > I have no idea whether this thing is anything like the ISA ess
 > cards that are supported.

They're nothing like the ISA ESS chips.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>