Subject: Re: freetype-lib problem.
To: None <BSeklecki@Stargate.Net, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/17/2000 10:28:03
"Brian A. Seklecki - Stargate Industries, LLC" wrote:

> This should probably be brought to the attention of the pkgsrc folks.
> tech-pkg@netbsd.org ?
>
> --Brian

Thanks Brian,
but hey, tech-pkg was the first place I did post this. Of course.
I didn't get any response so I had to repeat it here in port-i386.
I think now the binary pkg for gnome needs updating so that it
works with the later version of freetype-lib that other pkgs like
gv use.

I have since tried to build the whole lot from source. Massive job
compared to just installing the binary, which is a bit of a problem
when you want a machine set up quickly to go. Ok if it's a box that
time is not critical on and you have time to hack till it works. See
the build from source failed many times. Seemed to be incompatible
with many packages that I had installed previously from the binary
package collection. It's still as I write not finished yet. It's about 90%
through the build. It's latest problem is that it has undefined
references to "gettext".

Anyway I'm persevering at this stage. I still want NetBSD.

Paul.

Paul        (pts@bom.gov.au)