Subject: Re: SoundBlaster 64 PCI and eap driver
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/15/2000 21:09:31
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > Well, it probed OK (see dmesg below), and all seems fine until I actually
> > try to play a sound. The audible sound is not really all that close to
> > what it should be. About the best way to describe it would be 'spiky', and
> > only very closely resembling the original sample (ie by the sample length
> > and general comparison of loud vs quiet).
>
> Could be because the bktr and audio devices share IRQ 9. try changing this
> in the bios.

I couldn't figure out how to do this in the BIOS. It lets you specify
which IRQs the PCI system should use, but AFAICT you can't specify not to
share an IRQ. Even with plenty to spare, it still insisted on sharing IRQ
9.

So I took out the bktr and the sound card works now. Hmm. Is this actually
a problem with the BIOS, or is there a bug in one of the drivers?

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget