Subject: Re: Support for the New Internet Computer?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2000 22:09:02
On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 12:49:33AM -0500, Andrew Gillham wrote:

 > A working PXEBOOT would be sweet though.  It is able to load a hacked up
 > binary I made which just prints a few lines, so I guess the BIOS PXE
 > support is working.

FWIW, I have a PXE bootloader nearly written -- I just need to write
a new crt0 for it, and then test it :-)

Anyway, it's interesting that both the USB controller and the Ethernet
generate errors.  I'd bet the IOERROR you get on USB is related to the
Master Abort you get on the Ethernet.

(From a quick clance at the OHCI driver, it doesn't look like it
specifically reports PCI Master Abort errors to the console, so
the IOERROR very may well be the result of a Master Abort...)

I wonder if there is anything we could tune to make that go away...

...I also wonder of it's endemic to the chipset, or to how it's
wired up on this particular board.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>