Subject: Re: Support for the New Internet Computer?
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2000 23:00:53
I have one of these.  Look for some postings in the archives.  Basically
the current 'sip' driver causes "master abort" type messages and falls on its
face.
Changing some of the transmit thresholds helped a bit, but it was still not
working last time I tried it.  Jason Thorpe added support for another
compatible
card, and I haven't tried the driver since then, but I will shortly.

I dropped a NetBSD kernel in the 4MB FLASH disk, and it was able to
netboot.   The driver issues made it failure prone and not very useful yet.

Still, it is kind of nice hardware, pretty cheap, and makes a decent
Xterminal or
surf station. (albeit with the Linux boot CD)

-Andrew