Subject: Re: BETA2's sysinst terminated
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: James Burton <james@jmsh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/2000 10:15:59
On 09-Nov-00 Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:35:11PM +0900, Masahiro =Rhythm Drive= Ishiyama
> wrote:
>>
>>      I tried to upgrade to NetBSD-1.5BETA2/i386 from 1.4.2 via
>>      sysinst's upgrade, but I got:
>>
>> sysinst terminated.
>> #

I've just upgraded from 1.4.1 -> NetBSD-1.5_BETA and had the same problem

> Is there anything unusual about the filesystem layout of your 1.4.2
> installation? Was X installed? Was there for some reason already a
> /emul/aout on the 1.4.2 filesystem?
>
> - Frank

I had to create /emul/aout afterward to get my old binaries running.

Before terminating, it did flash a few screens up (far too quickly
to see what they were) but I had the distinct impression that it was
trying to extract sets onto the floppy.

Thanks,
James

---
James Burton (james@jmsh.net)           'Begin at the beginning,' the King said,
                                        gravely, 'and go on till you come to the
                                        end: then stop.'         - A.I.W.