Subject: Re: Lucent Wavelan on new Compaq M300
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/2000 13:35:28
In message <200011092113.eA9LDZH12928@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>Ken Hornstein wri
tes
>>Ken Hornstein asked:
>>>
>>> Uh, did it find a PCMCIA bridge chip _at all_?
>>
>>It found pcmcia0, but not the WaveLan card.
>
>Now I find that very odd.  Maybe PCMCIA debugging should be turned on?

Hm.  If the hardware is really a PCI-cardbus bridge, and its on a
modern laptop, and its' been attached in "legacy" (hw compat) mode,
and it's running an old 1.4.x kernel without the pcibios fixes...
will the interrupt from the pccbb be mapped correctly?

On my laptops I think the answer was "no", but YMMV.