Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5l_Halvorsen?= <paalh@unik.no>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/2000 15:54:32
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, David Maxwell wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 10:27:58AM +0100, Pål Halvorsen wrote:
> > 2) Do you have a full source tree on an existing machine, that you could
> > run 'make release' on? You could build your own set of 1.5ALPHA2 - with
> > your local mods already compiled in.
>
> YES, is there a description of how this is done somewhere?
>
> However, I have installed 1.5BETA2 and I have been told that the changes
> should be straight forward to port .... (but if possible and without much
> work, I'll install 1.5ALPHA2)

People have pointed locations for mirrors that you can use anyway, but for
documentation's sake...

cd /usr/src && mkdir /tmp/installsets && RELEASEDIR='/tmp/installsets' make release

Will create install sets in /tmp/installsets.

You can make your life easier if you import your patches in a local CVS
tree and manage your code that way. I expect they would all install cleanly
against 1.5BETA, since the changes are minimal, as others said.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods