Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5l_Halvorsen?= <paalh@unik.no>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/09/2000 10:00:18
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 10:27:58AM +0100, Pål Halvorsen wrote:
> 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2/i386
> has been removed. Is this available form another site (have looked arount
> a bit, but have not fount it).
>
> I need NetBSD-1.5_ALPHA2, because we have this version on some other
> machines used for performance testing and want to have the same version on
> all machines (we have modified the kernel and do not want to port it yet
> another time to 1.5BETA)

There's a chance you might find it on a mirror site, but not for long...

1) Did you keep your original install sets? Are they on an existing
machine by any chance? You can use the 1.5Beta install floppy to install
a 1.5ALPHA2 system, as long as you point it at 1.5ALPHA2 tar files.

2) Do you have a full source tree on an existing machine, that you could
run 'make release' on? You could build your own set of 1.5ALPHA2 - with
your local mods already compiled in.

3) You could use anoncvs to checkout the 1.5ALPHA2 tag.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods