Subject: Re: 1.5beta + TP310E
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/07/2000 12:28:30
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Jukka Marin wrote:
> > 	Have you ensured you have the latest BIOS from IBM?
>
> It's been a few months since the last update.. but if the BIOS was broken,
> why would NetBSD 1.4.x work just fine?  Under 1.4.x, there was a little
> delay in the Fn functions - the machine reacted to the keys after 0.5
> seconds or so.  Now, when I press Fn and a function key, everything freezes
> (and the contrast / whatever icon never pops up on screen).  The only thing
> that works is the power switch.

	The BIOS could be only partially broken :)

	Seriously, you should probably use anoncvs to see if you can
	track down when the problem started - the kernels in the various
	ftp snapshots at /pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot may help shorten
	the search time.

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --