Subject: Re: 1.5beta + TP310E
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/07/2000 09:16:21
On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 10:47:33PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > don't know which file might be to blame - is it an APM problem (even
> > though disabling APM support in kernel does not help) or something else?
> >
> 	Unknown - I had some strange issues with 1.5_ALPHA2 on my
> 	Thinkpad 600, but 1.5BETA seems to have cleared it up
> 	(though a BIOS update may have helped).

Hmm..  I was hoping beta would help in my case as well, but no.

> 	Have you ensured you have the latest BIOS from IBM?

It's been a few months since the last update.. but if the BIOS was broken,
why would NetBSD 1.4.x work just fine?  Under 1.4.x, there was a little
delay in the Fn functions - the machine reacted to the keys after 0.5
seconds or so.  Now, when I press Fn and a function key, everything freezes
(and the contrast / whatever icon never pops up on screen).  The only thing
that works is the power switch.

  -jm