Subject: Re: 1.5beta + TP310E
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/2000 22:47:33
On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Jukka Marin wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 07:59:10PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	If you have time, try an anoncvs tree of between 1.4 and 1.5
> > 	to identify when the problem was introduced...
>
> It's a bit painful over a 33600 bps modem link.. ;-)   Especially when I

	Its not a world of fun over a 56k link either  :) - something
	to leave running overnight.

> don't know which file might be to blame - is it an APM problem (even
> though disabling APM support in kernel does not help) or something else?

	Unknown - I had some strange issues with 1.5_ALPHA2 on my
	Thinkpad 600, but 1.5BETA seems to have cleared it up
	(though a BIOS update may have helped).

> How do the contrast/volume adjustments, status displays etc. work?  I
> would think the keys cause some special interrupts which run BIOS routines
> or something like that.  Or maybe not..
>
> (I want to run 1.5 because 1.4 had no support the the Aviator WLAN cards..
> and the audio driver in 1.5 seems to work better, too.)

	Have you ensured you have the latest BIOS from IBM?

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --