Subject: Re: The user-controllable LEDs on an Intel ISP1100
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/2000 19:37:29
Jasper just came into my office, plugged his laptop into my ISP1100, and
wrote a userland driver for the LEDs!

I'll write a nice UI, pkg it, and submit it to the usual suspects. People
desperate for a "beta" can mail me, mmmkay? You'll have to wait until
Wednesday, however, when my machine gets its network connection.

To summarise, the ISP1100 has three independently controllable LED sets:

U1 - OFF or GREEN
U2 - OFF or GREEN
POWER/FAIL - ON or SLEEP or FAIL1 or FAIL2

The POWER/FAIL "group" is 2 LEDs, but not independent. In ON, the green
POWER LED is on and the amber FAIL LED is off. In SLEEP, POWER is
blinking. In FAIL1, FAIL (amber) is blinking. In FAIL2, it's on solidly.

I propose to implement a nice interface, "isp1100_ledctl":

isp1100_ledctl [--power={on|sleep|fail1|fail2}] [--u1={off|on}] [--u2={off|on}]

Specifying just, eg, "--power" will return errorlevels depending on the
state of that LED.

Running it with no arguments will print out a readable summary of LED
statuses.

I'LL STOP SHOUTING NOW.

ABS

--