Subject: Re: problem getting cardbus card to work
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2000 18:41:21
On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> the wi card/driver wants a very large chunk of I/O space (not memory
> space).  I'm not sure how that shows up through a cbb attachment,
> though.

I figured it was something like that. Would a look at the dmesg outputs
with/without the docking station help? They're at
http://feyrer.de/Misc/wi/.

One interresting thing is that the card's MAC address is only recognized
when it's in the docking stations's slot, not any of the two in the
notebook itself. When booted without docking station, the card's seen
(without properly reading the MAC) in one slot, and it's not seen at all
in the other slot.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>