Subject: Re: problem getting cardbus card to work
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2000 18:29:27
On 2 Nov 2000, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> > Tweaking RBUS_MIN_START, I've got the card at least to spew now:
>
> This is what I see also. How did you ifconfig this? I've had some
> success with very simple cases like `ifconfig wi0 10.1'.

I'm running dhclient on all interfaces on bootup right now.
Turning that off, and doing a "ifconfig wi0 10.0.0.100" manually makes it
print lots of timeouts again. ;(

> I was in the process of figuring out if the Linux driver works, and if
> so what it does differently, but I stopped after having a tough time
> finding a decent linux with working kernel source....

heh... I just had a quick look on a diff between our if_wi.c and what's in
FreeBSD today, but got scared off quickly. The diff is bigger than any of
the files. :/ (It's in src/sys/i386/isa on FreeBSD, if you want to feel
adventurous)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>