Subject: Re: problem getting cardbus card to work
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2000 10:42:24
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> writes:

> I have a 3Com AirConnect (wi) card that I'd like to get working in my
> notebook (Toshiba Portege 3440CT w/ docking station).

Good luck. Those cards are somewhat weird, and last time I tried they
only alsmost worked with the wi driver. Are there any documentation
that suggest that they do work (other than the source)?

> If I boot the machine w/o the dock, the card is not recognized at
> all in the upper slot

I had similar problems with a ThinkPad, and the solution was to change
the start of rbus memory in i386/i386/rbus_machdep.c (search for
1G). There's an option and a patchable variable for this
(RBUS_MIN_START and rbus_min_start respectibely), I *think* in both
1.5 and current.

/Johan