Subject: Re: 1.5_BETA/i386 ISO image available
To: Pållen <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/2000 09:12:06
Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> Btw, why are you still using mkhybrid? It used
> to have some extra options that cdrecord didn't have, but that's
> no longer the case. You may only need it for it's original purpose,
> creating combined Mac HFS and ISO disk. Though I think that code
> may have been integrated into cdrecord (-current) as well.

Right. mkhybrid has been merged into mkisofs as of v 1.13, and mkisofs
is now a part of cdrecord (1.9). It is in pkgsrc/sysutils/cdrecord
(cdrecord-current, which pointed to a 1.9 alpha release, looks to be
deprecated)

However, I had been using mkhybrid from pkgsrc and was able to create
bootable CDs without problem. I recall, though, that the boot image had to be somewhere in the directory tree being burned onto the CD, and the pointer to it on the mkhybrid commandline had to be given relative to the root of this tree (not the root of the filesystem), or something like that...