Subject: Re: Problem with Tecra 8100 docking station.
To: None <dme@dme.org>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@COLT.NET>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/2000 11:34:27
On 18 Oct 2000 11:23:23 +0100
 dme@dme.org wrote:

> * neil@COLT.NET [2000-10-18 11:18:21]
> | and it doesn't appear that I'm missing any devices I've attached the
> | probe info for the laptop whilst in the docking station for reference.
>
> Are there any ports on the docking station which don't directly
> correspond to ports on the laptop itself ?  Any extra pcmcia for
> example ?

No - only network and thats a PCI device. There is an enhancement to
this docking station that actually lets you use PCI and ISA bus cards
but I don't have that. I'm wondering though if the lpt and com ports
on the back actually work, there shouldn't be a reason why
they don't, the USB ports work on the docking station..

It would be useful if laptop vendors came up with a standard docking
architecture that we could write drivers for - that way you could dock
and undock ala windoze. [or maybe they have and I don't know about it].
When I dock and undock it detects the additional/removal of the USB
hub but not the PCI ethernet device. [although I can live with that].

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae                               C O L T  I N T E R N E T
neil@COLT.NET  "In this world there's two kinds of people my friend: